THE FONDATION’S THRIFT SHOP.
The purchase of the Notre-Dame-de-Fatima church and the creation of the thrift shop in 2010 was, without a doubt, one of the best decisions ever taken by the Fondation Médicale. The presbytery also houses several local non-profit organizations (Parents Uniques, Paix, etc.). The thrift shop, whose name will be changed to “Les Trésors de la Fondation” in 2017, brings in significant revenue that is reinvested in the purchase of medical equipment.
- A manager was hired to run the thrift shop
- The space was reorganized and thematic areas were created to improve its functional efficience
- Space was arranged in the basement of the presbytery to sell furniture
- The donation collection system was reorganized. Every Wednesday, the Fondation’s truck goes out to pick up donations from the public
- Surveillance cameras have been added to reduce theft